Hair step by step - A pleat with a twist for all occasionsWant to recreate this stunning bridal updo? Read on for a step by step from bridal hair stylist, Annette Bradford. Annette has won many awards in the bridal hair industry, however this is a great hair style for any special occasion.
Step by step:
- Back comb the hair and style into pleat.
- Brush hair smoothly across to the left and clip a nice straight line following the contour of your client's head.
- Once clipped and secure, smooth the hair across to the right, sweeping slightly upward so you get a very neat angle in the nape of the neck.
- Clip firmly into the hair leaving the surplus of hair at the top of the head. Use a tail comb to check that all the hair is clipped in smooth and tight. Use hairspray and the back of your comb if required.
- With the hair firmly in the pleat and surplus hair at the top, take small sections and curl using straighteners or tongs.
- Once the top is curled, you can now begin to shape your curls.
- Back comb one section at a time, smooth and spray and place the curl neatly over the top of pleat. Continue with each section, keeping an eye out on shape until you have a nice curled top.
Check that the hair sits correctly with the client’s head shape. This is a lovely style that can elongate the neck if shaped tight in the nape and wider to the crown. Avoid anything bulky as this can change the look completely.
Hair by Annette Bradford:
Elegance Bridal Coiffure
6 Westbrook Centre,
Photography by BC Digi Phot Wedding Portrait Photographers:
Tel: 07772 324733